Email Marketing Anti-Spam Policy
1. For Email Recipients, ISPs, and Blacklist Administrators
Zitume EMS has a no tolerance spam policy. User accounts will be terminated if they send unsolicited email messages. Please report any suspected abuse to email@example.com. ISPs and Blacklists administrators may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward the complete email in question, including headers. If applicable, please also unsubscribe from the newsletter using the link at the bottom of the email if you no longer wish to receive emails from the sender. We will take the appropriate action against the sender of the email in question.
2. For Zitume Users
All users of Zitume EMS must agree to only sending permission-based email newsletters as part of agreeing to the Service Agreement upon signup. This means that all recipients sent to must have opted-in to receive communications from the sending organization.
An opt-in can occur either via a sign-up form on a web site, at a point-of-sale sign-up form, or on a physical sign-up sheet. Any opt-in form should include a clear description of what will be sent and how often it will be sent. Purchased lists may not be used within Zitume EMS, regardless of the source or permission status.
As a user of Zitume EMS, you may not:
- harvest emails from web sites
- purchase lists (whether they are opt-in or not)
- have a pre-checked field on your subscription form
- have a subscription form that subscribes users to an unrelated list
- send out unrelated offers or unrelated content to your newsletter list
- add an email address into a list without the subscriber’s permission
- email someone who has requested to be removed from your list
- utilize a list older than 6 months without reconfirming the recipients’ subscriptions
3. Policy Enforcement
Zitume EMS has a no tolerance spam policy. The strict measures we take to enforce our policy include, but are not limited to:
- We review and monitor large list imports.
- A member of our staff reviews each message sent to more than 5000 recipients and either will approve or reject it. This threshold is 500 recipients for clients that have been with us less than two months.
- We utilize a content-checking utility to screen and flag any message that contains words common to unsolicited emails.
- A record is saved of every email that is sent through the system.
- Any customer found to be using Zitume EMS for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the service.
- We maintain the IP address and date subscribed for every new subscriber.
- Every email, whether text or HTML, contains a mandatory unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message. This unsubscribe link cannot be removed.
Updated January 1st 2019